THE EMMANUEL GOSPEL CENTER
STRENGTHENS CHRISTIAN LEADERS
TO SERVE URBAN COMMUNITIES
We believe the Church is God’s chosen instrument to bring His life and presence into our communities. Therefore, our work is designed to support what God is doing through His Church in Greater Boston.
We take time to learn how the city, the church, and their related systems are changing; we connect with the people involved to build strong working relationships; and we equip where it is most strategic, providing teaching, training, tools and resources for effective ministry.
As we invest in Christian leaders, we strengthen the Church’s ability to leverage healthy change that helps build urban communities that support and care for everyone.
In the early part of the 20th century, Mr. and Mrs. William and May Morgan used a replica of a church built onto a truck chassis to serve as a prop and a sound stage to bring the Gospel message to Boston Common. In the 1920s and ’30s, thousands gathered to hear preaching on the Common from this Little Church on Wheels.
Our Principles of Ministry
- We seek the Lord's leading and timing in making ministry decisions.
- We seek to build relationships with those to whom and with whom we minister.
- We seek to build the Kingdom of God in Boston, not just an individual, group, church or ministry (including our own).
- We seek long-term results.
- We draw on the resources that the Lord provides and we are confident that God will provide the people and the resources to do his work. We choose to take a fiscally conservative approach, and strive to maintain high standards of fiscal management.
Statement of Faith